- If you need Accuplacer study materials, they are outside of Ms. Becker’s office. Please feel free to come up and grab one before or after school.
- JUNIORS! JUNIORS! JUNIORS!
ANY SSJ/STB STUDENTS INTERESTED IN LEARNING MORE ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP PROGRAM PLEASE ATTEND ONE OF THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION SESSIONS:
- THURSDAY, MAY 3RD 2PM ROOM 213
- WEDNESDAY, MAY 9TH 2PM ROOM 213
- The Varsity Tennis Team travels today to play a 4pm match at Burncoat HS. Players should report to WTHS at 3pmto board the bus and ready to play.
College or Career Prep:
- Seniors!! You must let your Guidance Counselors know what college you have decided on and where you will be attending in the fall or what other post graduate plans you have as soon as possible. There will be a sheet for you to sign in each Guidance Office.
- Attention Seniors:
There are numerous scholarship opportunities available to you. Please see your Guidance Counselor or Mrs. Curtis in the 318 Guidance Office for information and details. Don’t miss out on these great opportunity!!!
- Price Chopper
- Alpha Delta Kappa – for students pursuing a degree in Education
- Grand Lodge Knights Scholarship – recognizing community service
- the 365Z Foundation “Making a Difference with Kindness
- John F. Simoncini Scholarship. Applicant or parent must be a member of the Worcester Credit Union.
- Massport’s Office of Diversity & Inclusion/Compliance will once again award multiple $2, 000 scholarships as a part of the “Diversity STEM Scholarship” program.
This program is open to all graduating minority high school seniors from Massport’s neighboring communities interested in pursuing a degree that could be utilized in the Transportation Industry. Deadline Friday, May 4, 2018.
- Please support Worcester’s Book Drive. Worcester is looking to collect over 30, 000 book to distribute to children this year for summer reading. New or gently used books can be put into the donation box in each secretary office on each floor. The Book Drive will run until May 16th
- The National Honor Society meeting is this Tuesday May 8th in Room 207. ALL members must attend. We will be reviewing all requirements and setting new goals for the 2018-2019 school year. Nomination papers will also be handed out for officers in the coming year. Elections will be held by e-mail using Survey Monkey.
- On Miss K’s door is a signup sheet for Volunteering at this year’s Walk for the Homeless on May 20th. Any student that is interested must sign up by Friday May 4th.
- Another Volunteer opportunity is coming up, look for the signup sheet to volunteer on her door at this year’s Worcester Fire 6K.
- Any senior interested in going to the Job Corps Open House on May 9th, please see Mrs. Becker for a permission slip. The deadline to hand them in is 5/7.
Important policy reminders:
- With the nice weather approaching please make sure we are adhering to the dress policy. Shirts shouldn’t contain any midriffs, shorts/skirts should come down to the longest finger and crop tops shouldn’t be worn.
- The only bathroom open during 5th period will be on the third floor. Students should only be using the bathroom in the cafeteria if it is their assigned lunch period. Unless it is an emergency, students should be waiting to use the bathroom during their lunch period.
- Bathrooms for 7th period: During 7th period, the bathrooms will only be open from 1:08-1:28 (20 minutes).
- Please remember that the 10-10 rule must be followed at all times. This means that students should not be leaving the classroom to go anywhere (with the exception of the nurse in emergencies) until 10 minutes after the bell rings for the start of the period and passes to leave the classroom should stop 10 minutes before the class period ends.
- Any student who rides a bus must have their bus pass every day. Also, remember riding the bus is a privilege. Anyone who doesn’t follow the rules can have the privilege revoked. Please respect this rule. Also, temporary bus passes can only be fixed during 6th
- Please make sure you are following the WPS rules as it relates to cell phone usage. The use of cell phones is not permitted during the school day. Anyone who is in violation of this rule will have their cell phone taken away for the day. If it is a 1st offense you will be able to get it back at the end of the day. Any offense after that will require a parent/guardian to pick up the phone. We are asking that you please respect this rule, and help for us to provide a productive learning environment for all.