On Saturday January 6th, we were honored to represent Worcester at the 24th US Army Hispanic Games at the New Balance Track & Field Center at The Armory in New York City. Although the temperatures were freezing, the competition was far from cold.
- WT Senior Herlin Rijo Placed 16th in the 800 M with a new School Record (2:00.14)
- The Girls 4×400 Relay of Maria Gitau, Christine Nibitanga, Shawna Thomas, Essence Martinez Placed 13th out of 30 teams.
- The Boys 4×200 Relay of Mark Muturi, Albert Poah, Manny Agyei, Robert Jackson Placed 37th out of 96 teams with a season record
- The Girls 4×200 Relay of Denise Hoxha, Kayli Fernandez, Autumn Wager, Shawna Thomas Placed 47th out of 88 teams.
- Robert Jackson set a personal record in the 200 M (23.47) moving into 3rd on the school record list
- Albert Poah set a personal record in the 200 M (24.10) moving into 4th on the school record list
- Essence Martinez set a personal record in the 400 M (63.76) placing 32 out of 201
- Freshman Paulina Skowronska set a 200 M personal record finishing 122 out of 237 and the 15th fastest 9th grade time of the day.
- Congratulations to Adam Tarabia, Nathaniel Felix, Lauresa Bruce who also ran well in the 200 and 400 M.